11.11.19

Dare To Dream 3

Dare To Dream – 3 “Your Burning Bush”

Pre-Video
Before viewing the video segment, talk about generational differences: Silent Generation (born around 1925–1945); Boomers (around 1946–1964);Gen X (around 1965–1984); Millennials (around 1985–early 2000s). What is an experience society went through that had a profound impact on everyone of your age group? Rather than generational events, Slaughter talks about “Life stages” that can be experienced at any age.


Following the video,
Name the three life stages, as well as the three prayers Mike Slaughter says are characteristic of each stage.
  • Which life stage do I seem to be experiencing?
  • What is my recurring prayer to God?
Bible Study and Discussion

Exodus 3:1-10 Now Moses was shepherding the flock of his father-in-law Jethro, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to the mountain of God, to Horeb.
2 The angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from within a bush. He looked– and the bush was ablaze with fire, but it was not being consumed!
3 So Moses thought, "I will turn aside to see this amazing sight. Why does the bush not burn up?"
4 When the LORD saw that he had turned aside to look, God called to him from within the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."
5 God said, "Do not approach any closer! Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."
6 He added, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
7 The LORD said, "I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt. I have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.
8 I have come down to deliver them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up from that land to a land that is both good and spacious, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the region of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites.
9 And now indeed the cry of the Israelites has come to me, and I have also seen how severely the Egyptians oppress them.
10 So now go, and I will send you to Pharaoh to bring my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt."
  • Talk about burning bush moments.
Building Your Life Mission Statement: Part 3
“Building Your Life Mission Statement: Part 3.” The questions are:

• What struggles in your life have you had to overcome?How have those struggles defined you?
• God can use all things to strengthen his kingdom, and we are called to do the same. How can you share the lessons learned from your struggles?
How have those lessons helped you in the past, and how might God use them to shape your future?